
Most people think a ring is a ring, a diamond is a diamond, but each ring should be unique and fix the person it's meant for. And finding the perfect one is as hard as finding the perfect one. This process that can be shortened by a few different things. First of all it is always good to ask the person about what they want but if it's meant to be a surprise, all you have to do is mention to your crazy you are considering proposing and understand they will come back with more information than you will ever be able to comprehend. Ring size, color, setting, even carats will all be found out through the stealth of your crazy. If you really want to get it right, you have your crazy take the other person out and have them pick a ring. More often than you think men walk into the jewelry store with a card with the exact size and UPC of the ring they are meant to get and as easy as that is it's always a good thing to have a little bit of surprise when you give it to that special person, so use those cards a strong guidelines.
But I really want to talk about the thing that is more important than the perfect ring, and a close second to the wedding. The Proposal. A fancy dinner and the ring in the champagne glass is so over, and women want something crazy and romantic. Just like finding your soul mate, and the perfect ring to match, the place and timing and what you say can have a huge impact to your lives. Just remember this story is going to be told millions of time before you die and if its not quite right, or way too wrong, she is going to remember that every time someone asks her "So how did he pop the question". This again is where stealthy crazy comes in. It's very likely that your girlfriend has talked to her best friend about the ring, the proposal, the wedding, even the color of the curtain for your first home, so again guys PLEASE ask. (The one same sex couple I know and <3 has an amazing love story and 2 beautiful engagement rings. Their story I think is one for the ages.) So being a crazy, I have actually thought of a few very sweet and kind of elaborate ways to propose.
If you have a shy girlfriend, then a home cooked dinner by candle light and a simple solitaire will make her cry. But if you are like my friends, its got to be bigger and better than just " I love you, will you marry me?". So here is one I ran by my friends. You're at work and you get a dozen(fav flower here). With a note that has all of the things he loves about you on it and it is signed, "Just because I love you.". When you leave work you are driving down the street to your house and you see your friends on the side of the road with poster boards reading WILL.............. YOU............MARRY........ and your BF holding the last one in front of your house that says ME?. This could pose serious problem tho, when Erica told me "I'd probably jump out of the car while it was still moving and let it crash into something." There are many more ways i can think of but for the friends I have out there who still need my crazy I am not going to give any more away. But being married and having my own funny stupid happy proposal story, I want all of you to have them same. Fell loved today and know...
No journey is worth taking without someone you love by your side and a few mountains to climb.

No comments:
Post a Comment